Congo Umoja - Home Run Club Subscription
The Home Run Club from Connect Roasters and Cubs outfielder Ian Happ is a coffee subscription for baseball fans. Freshly roasted coffee ships free on your schedule, and you get rewarded.
- Join the Club by picking your roast, size and delivery schedule. Members of the Club get free shipping always, on everything. Modify at any time.
- Each time a Cubs player hits a home run at Wrigley — and every time Ian hits a HR — you earn $1 Dinger Dollar redeemable on our site. Also access exclusive discounts from our partner brands.
- Members of the Club are invited to a monthly Members-only merch drop featuring game-used and autographed items.
- Every bag of coffee we roast supports organizations like the Greater Chicago Food Depository and the essential work that they do.
About this coffee
Grown between the Mitumba mountain range and Lake Kivu — which shares a border with Rwanda — Umoja represents nearly 12,000 smallholder farmers, for many of whom coffee is a key source of income.
The coffee varietal SL-34 offers high yields and excellent quality potential when grown at high altitudes, like this one is. We taste a good body, shorter finish and flavors of citrus fruit (think orange) and dark chocolate. Ideal as a pourover served black or flash brewed over ice.
- Country: Congo
- Region: South Kivu
- Producer group: Umoja cooperative
- Varietal: SL-34
- Altitude: 1,480-2,000 meters
- Process: Fully washed
- Tasting notes: Citrus fruit, chocolate, tart
- Importer: Mighty Peace Coffee