Dominican Ramirez - Home Run Club Subscription
The Home Run Club from Connect Roasters and Cubs outfielder Ian Happ is a coffee subscription for baseball fans. Freshly roasted coffee ships free on your schedule, and you get rewarded.
- Join the Club by picking your roast, size and delivery schedule. Members of the Club get free shipping always, on everything. Modify at any time.
- Each time a Cubs player hits a home run at Wrigley — and every time Ian hits a HR — you earn $1 Dinger Dollar redeemable on our site. Also access exclusive discounts from our partner brands.
- Members of the Club are invited to a monthly Members-only merch drop featuring game-used and autographed items.
- Every bag of coffee we roast supports organizations like the Greater Chicago Food Depository and the essential work that they do.
About this coffee
The Dominican Republic is interesting when it comes to coffee: Relatively little is exported, due in part to high levels of domestic consumption, and much of what is exported goes to Europe and Japan.
But we’re thrilled to have this coffee in our roastery, and we’ve visited the source: The family-owned and operated Ramirez Estate in the Jarabacoa region of the DR. Eddy Ramirez (pictured) is the man in charge and has hosted us on his farm, which has been producing coffee since 1943.
Island coffees are often mild and low in acidity, and this one is no exception. We roast it to a medium-dark level, which leads to a bolder, more complex cup. There’s an earthiness and almost smokiness to it, with notes of tobacco. This is one for fans of bold coffee.
- Country: Dominican Republic
- Region: Jarabacoa
- Farm: Ramirez Estate
- Varietal(s): Caturra
- Process: Washed and sun dried
- Importer: Cafe Kreyol