We are excited to announce we are opening our first coffee shop!
Connect Roasters’ first retail location is officially under contract at 141 S. Main St. in Bourbonnais, Ill., across the street from Olivet Nazarene University and next to Dairy Queen.
This step marks the next chapter in our business. For more than six years, we’ve roasted coffee and sold our products at events and online, all while scouting properties for a brick-and-mortar shop. We think this location, at a well-trafficked intersection in a community that we know supports local, is an ideal fit.
Renovations have already started, and we anticipate opening this summer. Here are some of the things you can expect from us:
- Hours that accommodate early risers (no later than 6 a.m. open)
- A focus on quality espresso-based drinks and filter coffee
- Nitro cold brew and tea on tap
- Plenty of non-coffee and caffeine-free drink options
- A food menu that will include at least breakfast items, sandwiches and salads (including gluten-free options).
- Outdoor seating (should we call it a coffee courtyard?!)
- A space that can be rented for small events (e.g. baby showers, wedding showers, small parties, etc.)
- Shelves featuring roasted coffee, brewing equipment and other products to take home
While this project is just getting started, there are some people to thank for helping us get to this milestone, including:
- Brandon and Lindy Casey, who thought of us after they purchased the property and are perfect partners for this endeavor.
- Buck Tamblyn, a local realtor with McColly Bennett Commercial Advantage who has been a friend of our business for several years.
- The Village of Bourbonnais, which has been an accommodating host for our roasting business and a cheerleader for us as we’ve grown.
Of course, we wouldn’t be able to take this step without our loyal customers, who have supported us from the start (including through a pandemic!) and demonstrated that this community supports local businesses that focus on quality products and service. THANK YOU for enabling us to take this next step to not only get our product into even more hands but also expand the reach of our giveback.
We can’t wait to share this space with you! Until then, we’ll continue to share updates on our progress.
See you soon!