Dominican Darker Roast - Home Run Club Subscription
The Home Run Club from Connect Roasters and Chicago Cubs outfielder Ian Happ is a coffee subscription for baseball fans.
Fans can join the Club at one of three levels ($15, $25 and $50/month) and Members receive:
- Freshly roasted coffee shipped directly to you
- First shipping always, on everything
- Dinger Dollars: Every time Ian hits a HR, Members get Dinger Dollars that are redeemable for coffee + merch
- Exclusive once-a-month bundle drops: Members get exclusive access to game-used and autographed memorabilia
- A personal note from Ian with each shipment
About this coffee
The Dominican Republic is interesting when it comes to coffee: Relatively little is exported, due in part to high levels of domestic consumption, and much of what is exported goes to Europe and Japan. But we’re thrilled to have this coffee in our roastery, and we’ve visited the source: a family-owned estate in the Jarabacoa region of the D.R. Island coffees are often mild and low in acidity, and this falls into that category. We roast this one to a medium-dark level, which leads to a bolder, more complex cup. There’s an earthiness and almost smokiness to it, with notes of tobacco. This is one for fans of darker roasts.